Monday, September 21, 2026

Haiti is in a dire situation

Hello folks, 

I know it has been a long time since I posted here on my blog.  Some of it is because I don't really know what to write.  We still have a functioning school in Haiti that we are housing in our house in Thomassin.  

I have taken a new job as a Juvenile Probation Officer in my area in South Texas so I don't know when I will be able to go back to Haiti to visit.  

Here is a summary of what has been going on over the past 3 years.  The country has spun out of control, and gangs rule it for the time being.  Our property in Boucan has been ransacked by the gangs, and it is no longer safe to have our school in that area.  The areas of Gramothe and Madeliene have been destroyed, burned, or overtaken by gangs.  Luckily, our house is in a more well-to-do area, so the gangs leave our house alone.  Many people have been taking refuge in our house because they have no place to stay at the current time.  

We are still helping churches that are still functioning, but many have come to our church because it is still standing and it is a safe location.  I would recommend praying for our mission and our church.  


The situation is dire, and we can only trust God for the answer.  

Take Care

Lance 

No comments:

Post a Comment